Excellence By Design
Mountain View is proud to be a safe community who knows our students as individuals and learners. Our environment is intentionally designed to inspire every child to take risks, grow, be challenged and realize their potential.
Mountain View Belief Statements
- We believe that learning is an ongoing process where taking risks, valuing mistakes and providing feedback are essential elements.
- We believe that the positive relationships among home, school and community promote our students' success.
- We believe that all of our students can learn and we accept responsibility for ensuring their growth.
- We believe our community values integrity, positive character and good citizenship.
- We believe that learning communities are where students are supported to become self-directed lifelong learners.
We R.O.C.K. at Mountain View
Mountain View is a high achieving, high performing school that serves a diverse population. Most importantly, we pride ourselves on being a caring community where our students R.O.C.K. We teach our students Respect, Ownership, Cooperation and Keep Learning. Mountain View is a special place where as a community, we laugh, grow and learn together in a warm and nurturing environment. Our center-based Deaf and Hard of Hearing program is a unique regional program that sets us apart. This program is a strong, school-wide community of students, families, and staff partnering together to provide opportunities for every child to thrive and achieve to their fullest potential.
The Mountain View experience includes:
- Standards-based instruction
- Specials classes: Art, Music, Physical Education and Technology
- Library Media Center with over 12,000 titles
- Extended Day Kindergarten Program
- 2 computer labs
- iPads and Chrome Books integrated into classroom instruction
- Literacy support
- Extensive after/before school club opportunity
- Gifted & Talented enrichment opportunities
- Exceptional special education programming