Excellence By Design
Mountain View Belief Statements
- We believe that learning is an ongoing process where taking risks, valuing mistakes and providing feedback are essential elements.
- We believe that the positive relationships among home, school and community promote our students' success.
- We believe that all of our students can learn and we accept responsibility for ensuring their growth.
- We believe our community values integrity, positive character and good citizenship.
- We believe that learning communities are where students are supported to become self-directed lifelong learners.
We R.O.C.K. at Mountain View
Mountain View is a high achieving, high performing school that serves a diverse population. Most importantly, we pride ourselves on being a caring community where our students R.O.C.K. We teach our students Respect, Ownership, Cooperation and Keep Learning. Mountain View is a special place where as a community, we laugh, grow and learn together in a warm and nurturing environment. Our center-based Deaf and Hard of Hearing program is a unique regional program that sets us apart. This program is a strong, school-wide community of students, families, and staff partnering together to provide opportunities for every child to thrive and achieve to their fullest potential.
The Mountain View experience includes:
- Standards-based instruction
- Specials classes: Art, Music, Physical Education and Technology
- Library Media Center with over 12,000 titles
- Extended Day Kindergarten Program
- 2 computer labs
- iPads and Chrome Books integrated into classroom instruction
- Literacy support
- Extensive after/before school club opportunity
- Gifted & Talented enrichment opportunities
- Exceptional special education programming