What is Digital Literacy?
Our goal is to have all students become digitally literate! Digital Literacy is divided into three areas:
- Digital Citizenship -- Using technology and the Internet responsibly and safely
- Technology Literacy -- Using online tools and applications to collaborate, share, create, inform, and enrich
- Information Literacy -- Locating information from a variety of sources, evaluating that information for accuracy and credibility, and using that information to understand, explain, persuade, and create
Who teaches digital literacy at Mountain View?
- All teachers are responsible for teaching our kids how to be digitally literate. However, they have the support of Molly Gibney, our Digital Literacy Teacher, to make that happen! Molly works part-time on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. She assists the teachers in using iPads and Google Chrome Books to enhance the learning environment for our kids. If you want to see some of the work that our kids have done, check out our Digital Literacy Student Work webpage!
Where can I learn more about Mountain View's Digital Literacy Program?
- Go to our school's Digital Literacy Website! Here, you can see online resources that the kids are using, read an e-book, and see sample student work!