Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Mountain View. We couldn't do what we do without your help!
View the Volunteer Training Video By Clicking Here.
Sign Up To Volunteer By Clicking Here.
Here are just a few ways in which you could spend your time volunteering at MVE:
1. Classroom Volunteer - work in conjunction with the teacher to meet with students, fill Friday folders, etc.
2. Office Clerical Assistant - work with the school secretaries and office assistant with duties such as making copies, sorting mail, etc.
3. Library Volunteer - work with the media technician to repair and shelve books, prepare bulletin boards, etc.
4. PTO Member - meet the 1st Tuesday of every month at 7:00pm with other PTO members to plan family events, fundraisers, etc.
5. Mountain View Mentor Program - work with one child at least 30 minutes/week to be his/her adult mentor. This requires you to attend a training before beginning.
6. Crossing Guard Volunteer - spend 10 minutes before school and/or after school to help families safely cross Perry Street.
7. Lunchroom/Recess Volunteer - spend time with kids during lunch and help foster positive relationships out on the playground.
To sign up to help a PTO sponsored event, go to http://tinyurl.com/mvesptovolunteers
8. At Home Volunteer - Can't make it to school during school hours, but still want to help? We can send tasks home to you such as cutting out laminating, simple grading, etc.
If you are interested in volunteering at school and would like some training on volunteering at Mountain View, including the various equipment we have that you might use, join us on September 7th at 7:45am. Just check in at the office and they will direct you to the room.
Training is optional, but the Volunteer Application and Volunteer Code of Conduct (attached at the bottom of the page) must be filled out and returned to the office prior to volunteering.